How You Can Help
Donate: Every Dollar Counts
As a Maasai-run organization with advanced cultural competence and minimal overhead, MCI is savvy about the Kenyan economy and marketplace and can avoid the inefficiencies and over-charging that plague many western-operated charities. Our financial savvy coupled with a diverse grassroots network of local supporters enables us to extract a tremendous amount of programming from every dollar we spend. Donations to MCI have a palpable and immediate impact on improving educational opportunities of Maasai children.
Capital Needs: Each year we focus on new projects to advance MCIâ€™s goals and vision. In 2011, we are raising money to:
- Build a fully equipped science center for Mara Hills Academy (Cost: $45,000)
- Purchase a vehicle to provide transportation between schools and villages (Cost: $30,000)
Operations: Your donation helps, no matter how small. For example:
- $25 feeds a child for one month
- $50 buys a student's uniforms for a year
- $100 pays a student's tuition for a semester
- $250 pays a teacher's salary for a month
- $500 pays for a classroom's supplies for a year
- $750 provides school lunch and cooks for an entire school for a month
MCI is registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) (3) organization, so your contributions are tax deductible.