Vision & Objectives
Our Vision: Empowering Girls
While we support education for all Maasai children, our vision is that Maasai girls progress into secondary school; that our girls become adept at computer use; that they be able to read and write in the national languages; Swahili and English, as well as their own language, Maa; and that Maasai girls are empowered to make wise decisions about their futures.
To realize this vision, we have established the following objectives:
- To provide educational opportunities for all Maasai children and overcome the historic underrepresentation of Maasai girls at all grade levels;
- To increase school enrollment and improve academic performance and learning retention by tackling hunger through school feeding programs;
- To empower Maasai women through culturally sensitive adult education and sustainable social and economic development;
- To promote computer literacy and provide basic skills to young Maasai women to prepare them for a competitive job market;
- To promote the maintenance and preservation of Maasai cultural heritage.